The mission of the International Association of Legal Ethics is to promote teaching, research, vocational training programs, and policy initiatives concerning legal ethics. In support of that mission, the Association:
- advances efforts to enhance the study, teaching, and awareness of ethical issues in law schools, legal practice and continuing legal education programs;
- sponsors a rotating international conference;
- sponsors and collaborates with other conferences and colloquia concerning legal ethics;
- links scholars with international journals such as Legal Ethics that publish in the field;
- actively promotes national or local legal ethics initiatives in countries where the field is an emerging or underdeveloped discipline; and
- collaborates with lawyers’ professional associations, nonprofit groups, and funding agencies to further Association priorities.